BREAKFAST / LUNCH
BISD schools will implement practices that reduce the likelihood that students meet the close contact definition at breakfast and lunch.
- Depending on the number of students in the school, students may have meals in the cafeteria, in the classrooms, or any other location deemed appropriate by campus administration.
- Cafeteria capacity will be reduced in order to allow students to provide physical distancing as much as possible.
- Signage and staff will reinforce physical distance and traffic patterns in the cafeteria.
- Microwaves will not be provided in the cafeteria due to the opportunity for cross-contamination with a high touch device.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at entrances and exits of the cafeteria.
- Schools will restrict adult visitors from eating lunch with children in the cafeteria.